Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
2.5 lb Cod Fillets, divided into 4-6 portions
1/4 cup Emma Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-3 Bay Leaf
1/4 cup Dry White Wine
1 Fennel Bulb, thinly sliced
1 Spanish Onion, thinly sliced
2-3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
1 can Emma Chickpeas, drained
1 jar Emma Roasted Red Peppers, thinly sliced
1 can Emma Black Pitted Olives
2 tbsp Emma Capers
1 can Emma San Marzano Tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
1 Lemon, thinly sliced into wedges
Emma Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Here’s a tasty and efficient one pan meal! Click here for more recipes featurng Emma products.
1. Preheat the oven to 450 °F.
2. Generously season the cod fillets with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, prepare a tablespoon of EVOO, the white wine, and the zest of one lemon, spoon over the cod and let it marinate until it’s ready to go in the oven.
3. In a large baking dish, toss the fennel, onion, and garlic in the remaining olive oil, add the bay leaves and season generously with salt and pepper. Place it in the hot oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
4. Then, remove the pan from the oven, add the remaining white wine, the chickpeas, red peppers, olives, capers, and tomatoes and place it back in the oven to let some of the liquid cook out. Another 15 minutes. Taste and salt if necessary.
5. Stir the contents of the baking pan and then nestle in the pieces of cod. Bake again for 15 minutes.
6. Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley, thinly sliced lemon wedges, and a drizzle of EVOO. Serve immediately, never forgetting a hunk of crusty bread!
More Recipes from
Around the World
Prep Time: 5 minutes (plus overnight) Cook Time: 30 Minutes Tags Ingredients 1 Milano Classic Panettone 1 cup Milk 1 cup Cream 6 Eggs ½ cup Sugar 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon Pinch Nutmeg 1 Tbsp Vanilla Paste 2 Tbsp Grand Marnier An instant crowd pleaser! Perfect for the...read more
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Tags Ingredients 1 Head Radicchio, washed and dried 2 Bosc pears, washed and dried 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated 1/2 cup mixed nuts, crushed 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar 1 tsp Honey Salt and...read more