GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. Fresh slates that can transport you anywhere when the finest ingredients are put upon them. From east to west and sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO, to name a few. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
IN A SNAPSHOT
Reporting to the Corporate Director of Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs and Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Regulatory Program Compliance Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring, verification and re-assessment of the HACCP Systems at all JKO manufacturing facilities.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Development, implementation and monitoring of Receiving and shipping compliance for JKO storage and distribution facilities.
- Enable effective execution of our HACCP Programs and systems at the plant level.
- Ensure consistency among all JKO storage and distribution facilities and act as a backup for JKO manufacturing plants.
- SFCR / FSEP regulatory requirements and Codex requirements.
- Collaborate with Regulatory bodies (CFIA, FSIS, USDA, FDA etc.) to ensure compliance to SFCR / FSEP requirements.
- Internal audits of JKO storage and distribution facilities.
- Develop, update and re-assessment of methods of preparation, formulations, labels etc.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the plant employees on QA & HACCP programs.
- Support execution and monitoring of HACCP programs at all JKO manufacturing plants,
- Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of the HACCP programs and systems.
- Support and participate in the development of new HACCP training modules and materials.
- Audit HACCP Systems at each plant.
- Provide guidance and support in the development of corrective action plans (CAPs) including request for reviews, appeals, etc.
- Support hazard analysis in the introduction of new products, processes, equipment, etc.
- Provide Regulation interpretation of current regulations.
- Identify opportunities for improvement including development of the plan to address gaps.
- Create improvement plan to reduce CFIA CVS / IRCs and CARs across the network.
- Develop programs to enhance our implementation.
- Understand the regulations for SFCR / FSEP and how to interpret for implementation and compliance.
- Understand the relationship between SFCR / FSEP and Codex.
- Coach and support plants with CFIA communications.
- Provide day to day practical support on HACCP.
- Liaise / interact and collaborate with CFIA / USDA / FDA etc.
- Identify and address regulation, CFIA interpretation or application of policy inconsistencies between manufacturing plants.
- Ensure that all products and labels are aligned with current regulations as per the specific country requirements.
- Working knowledge of Genesis will be an asset.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Minimum 3 years in food processing, preferably in Storage and Distribution.
- Minimum 3 years in a HACCP management and execution.
- Required Bachelor of Science.
- Supervisory/management experience required.
- Knowledge of SFCR, USDA, FSIS.
- HACCP certification/accreditation.
- Demonstrated competency in project planning, execution, communication and change management.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Avenue West
Fax (905) 850-2874