Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Purchasing Coordinator will be responsible
to ensure the integrity and accuracy of all data used in the purchasing process, supporting and executing procurement activities.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Responsible for the accurate entry, proofing, maintenance and submission of purchase orders based on internal demand, stock replenishment and demand planner or management direction.
- Coordinate international and domestic freight to ensure on-time delivery of the incoming shipments as requested by the demand planning and management team.
- Prepare import documentation for submission to brokers for custom clearing of the shipments, while adhering to Government and Company import policy.
- Routine Purchase orders review and follow up to update current delivery information in the system.
- Coordinate with Shipping/receiving department and provide all required documentations.
- Maintain accuracy of system data, while creating and verifying purchase order information including product costing, shipping instructions, etc.
- Collaborate with managers to obtain all required approvals.
- Review customer quotation and contracts to ensure proper charges and overall profitability of projects.
- Maintain supplier price lists.
- Responsible for approval of invoices pertaining assigned shipments.
- Provide AP with all documentation to close received orders.
- Assist AP with resolving supplier invoice discrepancies.
- Support cost reduction activities.
- Responsible to file for insurance relating to incoming containers.
- Manage quota tracking system to ensure accurate and updated data is provided to management.
- Ensure purchasing documentation is filed appropriately and easily accessible.
- Support team members with departmental tasks.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- College Diploma combined with 2 to 3 years of relevant experience / customer service.
- Strong sense of urgency and time management skills with excellent initiative and follow up capabilities.
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy; and be very organized.
- Strong problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Experience working with ERP system.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave W
Woodbridge, ON L4L 8K8
Fax (905) 850-2874