GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. From east to west or sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA and MILANO. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
Responsible for picking orders as per instructions to ensure compliance of fulfillment. Responsible for maintaining orderly and clean workspaces, following JKO GWP practices and ensuring compliant product is selected for shipment.
- Works in accordance with Corporate Food Safety Program, Good Warehousing Practices, and Health and Safety requirements.
- Responsible for fulfillment of order items in accordance with corporate policies, food safety standards and good warehousing practices.
- Responsible for the picking, sorting and shipping of products to customers.
- Load and unload products from trucks.
- Responsible for the careful handling of all products avoiding damage.
- Complies with HACCP/food safety & quality documentation as required.
- Reports any violations of Food safety and GWPs to the senior management and Corporate QA.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and maintenance of entire facility.
- Ensures adherence to Health & Safety guidelines and communicates concerns to management immediately.
- Will operate equipment i.e.: forklift, some heavy lifting may be required.
- Conducts product spot checks as required.
- Any other duties defined by the Warehouse Supervisor and/or designate.
- Observe established safety guidelines at all times. Report any accidents or injuries to your immediate Supervisor immediately.
- Assist with Inventory Counts.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- High School Diploma combined with 1 to 2 years of warehouse shipping experience required.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to reach realistic objectives and goals.
- Must be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality standards are met.
- Familiarity with Warehouse Safety and security procedures.
- Knowledge of WHMIS, First Aid.
- Forklift License an asset.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand and walk throughout the day. Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Why work for JKO?
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Vision Care
- Personal Days
- Vacation Time Off
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discount on Company Products
- Onsite Parking
Fax (905) 850-2874