GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. Fresh slates that can transport you anywhere when the finest ingredients are put upon them. From east to west and sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
IN A SNAPSHOT
Reporting to Customer Service Supervisor, Order Desk Representative is responsible for the processing of all orders related to the Warehouse as well as providing administrative support and general clerical/phone duties for the Warehouse
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Responsible for all Order Desk and Customer Service-related duties including enter orders and create pick ticket and work order.
- Verify and confirm pricing of items before processing orders. Generate invoices and produce documents related to shipment of orders. Ensure back orders are maintained and processed in a timely manner.
- Print invoices for Warehouse and drivers every afternoon. Create batches at the end of each day. Resolve any discrepancies regarding invoices.
- Liaise with Sales Representatives regarding any issues pertaining to their Customers’ Orders.
- Assist Customers on the phone with regards to inquiries regarding the status of their orders or in regard to any other product-related questions.
- Assist with BRC procedures. Log for deliveries daily.
- Match BOL’s to shipping documents weekly and handle all POD requests.
- Provide general administrative support to the Warehouse including answering the phone, filing, faxing and other clerical duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Customer Service Supervisor/Designate.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Post Secondary Education; University Degree or College Diploma.
- Minimum of (2) years experience in customer service, preferably in the food industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas.
- Proficient in the use of computer software programs, including Microsoft Office.
Why work for JKO?
- Competitive Salary
- Discount on Company Products
- Onsite Parking
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave W
Woodbridge, ON L4L 8K8
Fax (905) 850-2874