The Junior Production Planner is primarily responsible for planning production according to demand and quality standards and purchasing materials. A well organized and results driver with great problem-solving skills.
- Develop weekly forecast based on trends.
- Improve forecast through analysis of historical patterns, addition of new products etc.
- Coordinate production workflow of company products.
- Communicate to plant team new products and changes to current products.
- Work with plant team to achieve sales targets.
- Determine raw and packaging materials needed to cover production demand.
- Monitor jobs to ensure they will finish on time and within budget.
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption or inventory issues.
- Obtain productivity information (number of products, quality issues etc.)
- Prepare and submit production reports.
- Create production work orders daily in ERP and enter the consumption of the work orders materials when production is complete.
- Entering Sales Invoices and Sales Orders daily in ERP portion of manufacturing.
- Track inventory to ensure inventory (raw materials, packaging, and office supplies) are sufficiently stocked to support the production plan.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to ensure quality of goods, timely delivery and compliance to terms of contracts.
- Implement effective negotiation tactics to ensure best price is secured.
- Securing supply contracts for commodity items (ex. flour & butter)
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items
- Monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verify receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers. Enters receipt of items into ERP system
- Inventory maintenance of raw materials, packaging materials, office supplies and plant supplies.
- Weekly cycle count of raw materials and packaging.
- Analyze results of cycle counts, request authorization from Controller to make necessary adjustments in ERP system. Implement process changes where needed to mitigate any perpetual issues.
- Prepare and organize over-sea/ USA shipping documents as required
- Managing inbound and outbound mail and distribute mail to the appropriate personnel.
- Administer courier shipments such as samples to store chains and other packages.
- Co-ordinate the repairs of office machinery, including copiers, and printers.
- Post-Secondary Education or College Diploma preferred.
- Minimum of (2) years experience preferably in the food industry.
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles.
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot independently.
- Good administrative and customer service skills; ability to build solid relationships with customers, sales representatives, and colleagues. Ability to handle customer issues in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Effective communication both verbal and written and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy with attention to details.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
51 Jardin Drive, Concord, ON L4K 1X5
Angela Bakker, HR Manager,
Fax (905) 850-2874