Driver G Class
GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. Fresh slates that can transport you anywhere when the finest ingredients are put upon them. From east to west and sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CORTINA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
Reporting to the National Director, the Driver is responsible for the Pick-up and Delivery of Orders from the warehouse to customers in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
- Delivers orders to customers according to established schedule in a courteous and professional manner.
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure orders are complete, charges are correct, and customer is satisfied.
- Accepting payments for delivered items.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions and handling complaints from clients.
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Ensure product quality is maintained.
- Operate company owned vehicles in a safe and careful manner and ensure vehicle is clean at all times.
- Maintain vehicle inspection reports ensuring vehicle is safe and well maintained.
- Complete and maintain accurate, legible and complete Driver’s log. At the end of each shift, ensure the log has been reconciled.
- Assist warehouse personnel with the loading of orders into the Truck. Ensure product is placed in a secure and safe manner to minimize wastage, loss or damage. Ensure appropriate paperwork is attached to the orders prior to leaving the warehouse.
- Ensure all necessary documents are returned to the Warehouse or Office as per company policies and procedures.
- Observe established safety guidelines and report any accidents/incidents involving Jan K Overweel Trucks to your manager immediately.
- Assist with general warehouse duties.
- Must be neatly groomed at all times and wear safety equipment/protective gear when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager/Supervisor.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- G Class Driver’s License with Clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Driving experience with 5 Tonne Truck. Must be able to safely maneuver vehicles forward/backward and in tight quarters.
- Strong knowledge of the local and surrounding area.
- Familiarity with GPS devices or map applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to maintain Driving Logs and Records.
- Must be physically able to lift, bend, twist, push, pull and move equipment throughout the day.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas.
- Positive attitude and dependable with strong initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team -oriented atmosphere.
- Must be open and transparent with communication.
- Open minded, eager and willing to constantly learn and improve oneself.
- Ability to use Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to easily navigate the internet/intranet environment.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
- Sitting, standing, bending and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move objects carrying up to 70 lbs.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and have a clean working environment.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Why work for JKO?
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Vision Care
- Personal Days
- Vacation Time Off
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discount on Company Products
- Onsite Parking
Location of Position
106 Aviva Park Drive
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874