GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. From east to west or sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO, to name a few. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
IN A SNAPSHOT
Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Demand Planner will be responsible for developing, maintaining and quantify short and long-term volume shipment forecasts for distribution and capacity planning.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Responsible for following the replenishment and planning policies and procedures that support positive growth in sales, margin and drive cost reduction.
- Accountable for maintaining, optimizing and implementing forecasting activities and models to proactively improve replenishment accuracy.
- Gather, analyze and validate data that will be used in preparing forecasts by working with Sales and marketing to ensure that all relevant demand inputs are known on a timely basis.
- Work with large sets of data and transform this data into critical information and insight to support business decision.
- Lead forecast analysis for assigned SKU by identifying and analyzing factors that impact costumer demand for product (category trends, seasonality, and competitive products).
- Highlight areas where improvement of forecasting accuracy would benefit the supply chain.
- Collaborate with Key stakeholders to align demand forecast to business plan and gain alignment.
- Influence demand forecast optimization by researching and recommending improved forecasting techniques & approaches.
- Develop and maintain an Inventory and replenishment plan that supports Company Service Levels while minimizing inventory exposure.
- Follow up and keep current on all delivery information and alert appropriate personnel when major exception or delays to the schedule occur.
- Utilize forecast accuracy by SKU to understand big misses and where/how to course correct forecast moving forward.
- Maintain applicable item master data related to supply, such as lead times, safety stock levels, logistical information, etc.
- Identify root cause of any gaps to target and provide recommendations for remedial action for implementation by Sales and Marketing and assist with the development of contingency plans.
- Review of and recommendations for the disposal of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Leads inventory management process and strategy improvement.
- Adapting, improving and documenting Best Practice standards.
- Identifying automation opportunities and areas of positive impact.
- Provide weekly and monthly accuracy results at category and SKU levels. Finds methods to improve these metrics to gain improvements in planning and reducing inventory needs as they relate to safety stock.
- Manages timelines and execution with KAM on transition and promotional activities.
- Preparation of month report to assist in Business review.
- Taking proactive measures to minimize internal supply chain liabilities through order timing, quantity or cancellation recommendation.
- Prepare reports and data that will be used in the sales and Operations planning process including assumptions, analysis and recommendations.
- Review, assess and report on supply and demand variability and identify opportunities to manage and mitigate risk.
- Design and conduct statistical forecast analysis and ad hoc reports to incorporate impacting factors and to identify trends, performance and concerns.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Post-Secondary education (Economics, B. Comm., or Mathematics)
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in the Food & Manufacturing industry would be an asset.
- Well-developed analytical skills with the ability to isolate and identify patterns or trends within the data elements.
- Experience with continuous process improvements.
- Ability to perform complicated analysis like forecasting. Excellent mathematical skills.
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of ERP system and demand planning module is an asset.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise excellent judgement.
- Ability to establish, meet deadlines and prioritize work.
- Team oriented, analytical and interpretive individual with strong process and system skills.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow up skills.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave W
Woodbridge, ON L4L 8K8
Fax (905) 850-2874