About Us Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S. and Canada. A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
Reporting to the Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety, Responsible for adhering to quality and food safety programs as assigned by Quality Control to ensure the highest level of product quality and safety are met and maintained. The incumbent will ensure that all organizational policies are followed.
- Understand QA documents such as HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) Plans, CCPs (Critical Control Points), pre-requisite programs, Standard Operating Procedures and complete corresponding records, to ensure procedures and records are followed and completed appropriately.
- Perform Quality Assurance checks such as CCP checks, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) monitoring, Pre-operational inspection, prerequisite checks, and conformity of finished products throughout the manufacturing process, inspect incoming material, etc. to ensure all procedures are fully implemented and to confirm acceptance to required specifications.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits and operational reviews. Conduct quality audits.
- Provide timely feedback to the HACCP Coordinator / QA Director and the Plant Management on quality issues and recommend corrective actions and preventative measures.
- Train all personnel at the Plant (i.e. production, quality, shipping, maintenance, etc.) on quality requirement.
- Initiates non-conformance process for any non-conformity identified. Helps to identify root causes and take corrective / preventive actions when required.
- Monitors and verifies the proper cleaning and sanitation program.
- Certificate or Diploma in Quality Assurance or a related discipline (Food Science, Chemistry, and Biology) with relevant food processing experience (2-3 years).
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, BRC, Quality regulatory requirements and systems.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing food processes.
- High degree of integrity and ethics.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Assertive, comfortable communicating with various types of individuals at all levels of the organization. Good team player.
- Excellent listening skills along with great organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
Location of Position 65 Deerhurst Drive Brampton, Ontario L6T 5R7
Contact Angela Bakker, HR Manager Email firstname.lastname@example.org Fax (905) 850-2874