Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S. and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the planning and coordination of daily inbound and outbound shipments of materials. The incumbent will ensure that all organizational policies are followed.
- Interaction with customers, suppliers and related internal departments
- Plan, optimize, coordinate and execute daily inbound/outbound shipments of materials and material handling supply requirements with carriers and drivers for material pickups from clients
- Create routes for our private fleet.
- Interact with customers via phone and email re: pick-up and material handling needs, distribution/shipping/billing inquiries and coordination with respective internal teams
- Ensure materials are moving through system accurately (received, shipped). Tracking customer requests and booking shipments/inventory in appropriate databases and spreadsheets related to customers in assigned geography
- Work directly with the operations team and clients to investigate and resolve shipment discrepancies as required,
- Liaise with operations in multiple provinces on a daily basis to ensure logistics priorities and/or issues are identified and dealt with in a timely matter. Know when and to whom to escalate.
- Print warehouse shipments as required.
- Maintains the physical and record management of all inventory within the warehouse.
- Verifies accuracy of data in JF against customer and/or internal records and/or the actual count of product and reconciles inventory. Investigates and resolves any discrepancies.
- Performs weekly cycle counts and makes system adjustments as necessary.
- Coordinates physical inventory procedures.
- Processes product returns.
- Follows procedures to accurately adjust inventory for over/short, defective, and damaged product.
- Assists in the preparation of inventory and other reports for customers and internal purposes.
- Resolves customer concerns and/or escalates as required.
- Assists in maintaining the loss prevention program.
- Makes recommendations to the Inventory Supervisor to improve the management of inventory.
- Maintains tight security over inventory. Ensures that only authorized personnel have access to inventory records.
- Post-Secondary Education or College Diploma in business administration, logistics or related field preferred.
- 2 years experience in logistics and customer service required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Accuracy with attention to detail.
- ERP knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), Just Foods.
- Proficient at Data Entry.
- Must be able to speak both English and French languages.
Location of Position
5995 Rue Ernest-Cormier
Laval, QC H7C 0B1
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874