GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. Fresh slates that can transport you anywhere when the finest ingredients are put upon them. From east to west and sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO, to name a few. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Optimize transport planning in the most efficient way for customer and stakeholders.
- Maintain proper and accurate Pre-Shipment and Post-shipment Administration.
- Track shipments and trace missing shipments.
- Manage damaged customer shipments and coordinate shipments to collect overages and shortages.
- Route Shipments in Paragon.
- Manage Flexipod.
- Ensure proof of deliveries of shipments.
- Evaluates, records, and responds to additional/special service requests (i.e. lift-gate, inside delivery, etc.).
- Handle damage and loss claims.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues.
- Ensure correct estimates in transport planning system.
- Meet on time delivery (OTD) requirements and follow-on discrepancies with suppliers and Customer Service.
- Stakeholder management; adequately and proactively inform Customer Service departments, Global Service Centers, and suppliers.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- 2-4 years of experience in related field.
- Post-Secondary Education or Degree in transportation preferred.
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Functional knowledge in Supply Chain.
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building.
- Good administrative and customer service skills.
- Ability to make strict deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to handle customer issues in a timely, professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent command of the English language – verbal and written.
- Accuracy with attention to detail.
- ERP knowledge
WHY WORK FOR JKO?
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Vision Care
- Personal Days
- Vacation Time Off
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discount on Company Products
- Onsite Parking
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
106 Aviva Park Drive
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874