GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. From east to west and sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO, to name a few. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
IN A SNAPSHOT
Reporting to the National VP of Sales & Marketing, the Manager of Marketing will be responsible for the marketing process from research and planning to the execution of company brands and designated portfolio.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Initiate research, development and implementation of new marketing programs, internet, advertisement, branding and other initiatives for both US and Canada.
- Develop and promote branding initiatives consistent with corporate business goals and objectives.
- Develop marketing plans to build brand awareness for proprietary brands and ensure they are executed and launched on a timely basis. Develop annual promotional plans by sku to drive consumer trial and volume.
- Collaborate with Key Account Reps to create customized pitches and promotional plans for proprietary brands to drive sales with chains.
- Participate in product development meetings for manufactured products.
- Collaborate with Branded vendors with marketing budgets to develop appropriate Marketing and promotional plans with funds. Prepare annual reports with results.
- Collaborate with national and product trade organizations to develop and execute annual promotional funding for market development and trade show presentations.
- Ensure development and maintenance of bilingual sell sheets for all general list skus. Collaborate with Sales to ensure that these are accessible to the sales team.
- Launch all new general list products to the sales team.
- Develop and manage annual marketing budgets.
- Collaborate with warehouse to maintain stock of proprietary repack labels.
- Oversee the operation and regular update of the company website, social media, B2B and other platforms as needed ensuring that pictures and descriptions are accurate and up to date.
- Establish inhouse product photography capability and ensure timely capture of all new products and posting to all media platforms.
- Manage consultants and other suppliers including contract negotiations and management.
- Manage and develop inhouse social media and graphics direct reports.
- Collaborate with owners, product development, and Social Media to develop regularly posted insights into the careful sourcing of all JKO products.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other functions (Finance, Sales, Product Development, Purchasing, Manufacturing, QA & Logistics) as well as within the Marketing Department in order to drive enterprise goals.
- Attend relevant trade show and convention appearances in order to build relationships and promote the company initiatives. Plan trade show booths and displays and coordinate with sales, purchasing and warehouse to coordinate staffing and product.
- Plan and execute corporate events and functions as required.
- Manage all media relations.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Post-secondary degree in Business (preference will be given to BCom, B. Business Admin/ MBA).
- Minimum 5 years’ extensive experience in Marketing, Advertising and Brand management within a CPG environment.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial ability to tactically gain awareness and drive volume.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and decision-making skills.
- Experience with digital and print marketing, content and social media marketing.
- Experience with online sales platform marketing helpful.
- Successful track record in senior marketing roles and creating marketing campaigns.
- Strong financial acumen and full understanding of Brand P&L’s.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Take-charge, independent self-starter who thrives on tackling challenges.
- A proven track record as a strong project leader.
- Proven success in leading packaging, advertising and promotional programs.
- Proven ability to provide attention to detail with speed-to-market approach.
- Experience in Consumer research: identifying research needs, action standards, and translating consumer learning into actions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas.
- Proficient using Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) & various Marketing software’s.
- Experience working on website back end is an asset.
- Experience using enterprise software is an asset.
- Working knowledge of HTML is an asset.
- Strong skills and ability to easily navigate the internet/intranet/Social environment.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology
- Occasional nights and weekends to support events or shows as required.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave West
Fax (905) 850-2874