GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. Fresh slates that can transport you anywhere when the finest ingredients are put upon them. From east to west and sweet to savory, we are tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA and MILANO. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Interaction with customers, suppliers and related internal departments
- Plan, optimize, coordinate and execute daily inbound/outbound shipments of materials and material handling supply requirements with carriers and drivers for material pickups from clients
- Create routes for our private fleet.
- Interact with customers via phone and email re: pick-up and material handling needs, distribution/shipping/billing inquiries and coordination with respective internal teams
- Ensure materials are moving through system accurately (received, shipped). Tracking customer requests and booking shipments/inventory in appropriate databases and spreadsheets related to customers in assigned geography
- Work directly with the operations team and clients to investigate and resolve shipment discrepancies as required,
- Liaise with operations in multiple provinces on a daily basis to ensure logistics priorities and/or issues are identified and dealt with in a timely matter. Know when and to whom to escalate.
- Print warehouse shipments as required.
- Maintains the physical and record management of all inventory within the warehouse.
- Verifies accuracy of data in JF against customer and/or internal records and/or the actual count of product and reconciles inventory. Investigates and resolves any discrepancies.
- Performs weekly cycle counts and makes system adjustments as necessary.
- Coordinates physical inventory procedures.
- Processes product returns.
- Follows procedures to accurately adjust inventory for over/short, defective, and damaged product.
- Assists in the preparation of inventory and other reports for customers and internal purposes.
- Resolves customer concerns and/or escalates as required.
- Assists in maintaining the loss prevention program.
- Makes recommendations to the Inventory Supervisor to improve the management of inventory.
- Maintains tight security over inventory. Ensures that only authorized personnel have access to inventory records.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Post-Secondary Education or College Diploma in business administration, logistics or related field preferred.
- 2 years experience in logistics and customer service required.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Accuracy with attention to detail.
- ERP knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), Just Foods.
- Proficient at Data Entry.
Why work for JKO?
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Vision Care
- Personal Days
- Vacation Time Off
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discount on Company Products
- Onsite Parking
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
106 Aviva Park
Woodbridge, ON L4L 9C7
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874