Junior Accountant/Manufacturing Plant
Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. Fresh slates that can transport you anywhere when the finest ingredients are put upon them. From east to west and sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO, to name a few. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
IN A SNAPSHOT
The Junior Accountant is responsible for assisting with the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports including monthly bank reconciliations.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Posting of journal entries, reconciliation of BS accounts and review.
- Listing of intercompany transactions.
- Coordinate with GT Filling of tax returns – installment payments. Annual Report Filling.
- Stat Canada Wholesale survey.
- Bank Monthly package.
- Oversee issuing of checks / payment of invoices.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statements.
- Certificate of Insurance requests.
- Maintain year-end working papers and spreadsheets and assist with preparation for any audits or independent reviews with support from the CFO.
- Complete monthly reconciliation for some accounts (bank and brokerage accounts).
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial activities.
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support financial records.
- Provide forensic accounting services as necessary.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system) and analyze and report variances.
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with Federal, Provincial and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes including USA.
- Furnish internal reports, revise and update reports to be more useful and efficient and furnish external reports as necessary.
- Update bill of materials and cost reports
- Conduct weekly cycle counts.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- Must be working towards CGA / CPA designation.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in financial management / accounting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- High degree of integrity and ethics.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Assertive, comfortable communicating with various types of individuals.
- Excellent listening skills along with great organizational skills.
- Good business acumen with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Goal oriented; persuasive and a pleasant personality with professional demeanour.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization. Good team player
WHERE YOU ARE PROFICIENT
- Solid working knowledge and ability to navigate a PC windows environment, including shared drives.
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook and Excel) and Just Foods.
- Strong skills and ability to easily navigate the internet/intranet environment.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
65 Deerhurst Drive
Brampton, ON L6T 5R7
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874