Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S. and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
The Junior Accountant/Accounts Payable is responsible for the Canadian Accounts Payable cycle and general accounting responsibilities. These include timely and accurate input of accounts payable invoices, regular follow up with vendors regarding payment of outstanding and overdue invoices and assisting with the month end close responsibilities. This involves keeping current on all taxes, and other information required to do this job accurately.
- Accounts payable processing for multiple related companies including: the coding & costing of invoices to appropriate accounts, obtaining approval for payment, checking invoices, data entry, as well as the printing & distribution of cheques and requesting electronic payments from treasury.
- Accounts payable maintenance including reconciling vendor statements, following up on outstanding invoices and credit notes, and maintaining paper-based vendor files
- Vendor Setup and maintenance in A/P system.
- Processing and entering employee expense reports.
- Completing credit applications.
- Administration of petty cash.
- Intercompany account reconciliations and invoicing.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks as assigned.
General Accounting/Month End
- Posting of routine journal entries and reconciliation of certain general ledger accounts.
- Maintaining fixed asset module within the ERP.
- HST / QST fillings and review.
- Coordinate Filling of statutory Filings – installment payments. Annual Report Filling.
- Stat Canada Wholesale survey.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statements.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- Must be enrolled in the CPA PEP program
- Minimum two to three years of experience of full cycle accounting experience
- Positive attitude and the ability to work cooperatively with others in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong communication skills to interface with all levels of management
- Basic understanding of applicability of GST/HST/QST to invoices in various provinces
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Nav – “Just Food” an asset
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave W
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874