Director of Supply Chain
Normal business hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. Fresh slates that can transport you anywhere when the finest ingredients are put upon them. From east to west and sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA and MILANO. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Ensure effective procurement activities to meet the requirements and needs of all company internal customers.
- Ensure build out, implementation, debugging, data input, maintenance and quality improvement of planning engine.
- Plan and implement S&OP meetings to ensure accuracy of forecasting
- Devise and implement plan for group to assume stock planning for transfers from regions
- Ensure to purchase to bottom up build annual plan submitted by sales
- Ensure quarterly process and execution for update of bottom up plan
- Manage department of 7 including business owners purchasing for businesses in Canada and USA
- Ensure collaborative business planning and communications with Sales, QA, Marketing, Warehouse and regions through the identification and implementation of opportunities, to improve the synergy
- Establish uniform practices for each job and ensure all employees in similar positions are working in uniform manner and practice and are cross trained. Ensure practices are updated and efficient.
- Ensure that department processes are kept updated and reported on a timely basis for other departments (i.e. updating container contents, transit progress and arrival)
- Maintain current knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to corporate purchasing practices.
- Establish KPI to benchmark performance of department
- Establish and achieve fill rate goals for chains and independent customers
- Work closely with Key Vendor Contacts to manage vendors
- Supervise and/or negotiate with team to deliver quality products and services at lower costs, on time, in the right quantity.
- Manage and negotiate to minimize AP and vendor complaints and find collaborative solutions that work for both sides.
- Build external and internal business relationships to gather information, identify market and industry trends, build partnership and alliances to support and facilitate the company’s objectives and plans.
- Serve as a role model in the areas of leadership, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement, cost savings, safety and environmental stewardship. Ensure department conducts business respectfully to both internal and external customers.
- Actively participate in product development team to ensure that products that are needed by the business and customers as well as Holiday assortments and new programs are developed on time and with complete support for sales and customers.
- Maintain a high code of ethics and conduct.
- Act as a company liaison and represent the company at conferences and business related activities.
- Ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Develop and implement action plans to support strategic plans.
- Manage and coordinate team vacation schedules – planned at least 3 months in advance
- Implement annual goals and evaluation for each direct report
- Effectively plan for succession and career development.
- Be a team player and help with additional duties as required.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Supply Chain Management.
- 7-10 years’ progressive experience in a purchasing/procurement role.
- 5 or more years in a management or director role.
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) designation preferred.
- Comprehensive experience drafting vendor agreements.
- Experience in the food/CPG industry preferred.
- Ability to speak Italian preferred
WHERE YOU ARE PROFICIENT
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- Familiarity with supply chain management (SCM), enterprise resource planning (ERP, specifically Just Food), and/or material requirements planning (MRP) software.
- Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
Why work for JKO?
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Vision Care
- Personal Days
- Vacation Time Off
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discount on Company Products
- Onsite Parking
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave W
Woodbridge, ON L4L 8K8
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874