Digital Marketing Specialist
Normal business hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. Fresh slates that can transport you anywhere when the finest ingredients are put upon them. From east to west and sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CORTINA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
IN A SNAPSHOT
If you have a big personality, are bright, full of energy and passionate for everything digital with strong SEO, SEM and PPC skills with a ‘go-getter’ mentality, then you’re the person we are looking for to join our family!
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will draw on your proven marketing experience and will be responsible for:
- co-lead the digital marketing strategy and goals for growth by managing our social media presence,
- developing paid & organic lead generation campaigns across social media platforms,
- tracking & reporting on campaign progress and KPIs,
- creating & collating written web content,
- overseeing online review curation & management,
- supporting the creation of online & offline marketing materials,
- assisting the Marketing Team by updating online assets as needed.
- Take an ownership role in idea generation and creative development for promotional campaigns across all digital & marketing programs (trade show’s/management, in-store programs, online systems to support sales/customers and any additional support).
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Co-lead digital strategy. Develop, manage, and maintain paid & organic social media marketing campaigns across various platforms for B2C lead generation
- Lead brand initiatives – to accelerate results on priority brands with clear, measurable timing and expected outcomes
- Measure, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of marketing initiatives against key metrics
- Collaborates with internal teams and partners at all levels (junior to senior), and enables smart, strategic, impactful digital initiatives for both specific brands and a portfolio of brands.
- Write effective and compelling lead-gen content for various stages of the funnel across social channels
- Update and maintain online assets, such as websites and social media profiles, with relevant company information as needed. Coordinate and maintain image library.
- Lead brand-specific key digital initiatives, aligned with brand needs, to drive business performance. Examples include website engagement optimization, new product launches/campaign integrations, brand activations within a new platform, CRM strategy and activation.
- Working with Subject Matter Experts and identify and integrate digital best practices for brands programs/initiatives
- Support for all programs, eg Trade Shows, Chef partnership program
- Be a team player and help with additional duties as required.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
If you don’t meet all the qualifications below, but feel you are a super-star and can rock this position, we would still like to hear from you!!
- University degree or post-secondary diploma in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Digital Marketing.
- 2 – 4 years digital experience, within CPG food and beverage (preferred).
- Proven experience working with Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads and/or LinkedIn Ads
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices
- Take-charge, independent self-starter who thrives on taking on a challenge(s)
- Experience to successfully navigate organizations and effectively coordinate work among a broad range of colleagues, consultants, and vendors.
- Ability to work across organizational functions and business units with individuals in all levels of the organization.
WHERE YOU ARE PROFICIENT
- Familiarity with digital platforms and eager to learn
- Demonstrated experience with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, familiar with email CRMs (Blackbaud Luminate), advocacy tools (Phone2Action), website content management systems and digital management tools (Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, CMS, etc.).
- Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave W
Woodbridge, ON L4L 8K8
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874