Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S., and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
- Collaborate with the Controller to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Communicate with internal/external sales representatives as necessary to complete job duties.
- Form collection strategies to mitigate customer objections to making timely A/R payments.
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures.
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; escalate transfer to delinquent accounts or outside collection agency as necessary.
- EDI: transmit ASN’s and invoices daily.
- Open new customer account/cards using Customer Master Data form provided by salesperson.
- Enter credits notes deducted by customers to clear balances from account.
- Cash application in the Accounts Receivable department in the absence of the Credit Manager.
- Assist with processing and clearing customer trade deductions and trade account reconciliations.
- Reconcile customer accounts and generate monthly customer statements.
- Reconcile customer payments to general ledgers.
- Maintain customer cards and update rebate and programs in a timely manner.
- Calculate, forecast and accrue rebates based on system reporting and analysis and program requirements accurately.
- Working knowledge and understanding of trade spend programs for national retailers.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Investigate deductions; prepare and post customer bill backs.
- Post-Secondary Education; University degree or College Diploma preferably in Accounting / Finance.
- Working towards Accounting Designation.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting environment preferably in Accounts Receivable.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Nav – “Just Food” an asset
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave W, Woodbridge, Ontario, L4L 8K8
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874