GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. From east to west or sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO, to name a few. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
IN A SNAPSHOT
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Lead Hand will lead a maintenance crew to ensure that routine preventative maintenance of various machines and other pieces of equipment are done within the plant
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Provides Leadership and guidance to the maintenance department.
- Provides training, directions, and schedules to maintenance mechanic.
- Schedules work orders/items identified by HACCP monitors during routine monitoring activities.
- Places orders for the maintenance supplies through the administrative assistant.
- Interacts with sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all production and plant equipment immediately.
- Proactively monitor equipment performance and document/fix potential problems – following the preventative maintenance program.
- Maintains the inventory of spare parts and their associated storage location.
- Ensure that spares and other materials used are replaced immediately.
- Responsible to inspect and diagnose irregularities & malfunctions and perform repairs and adjustments using power and hand tools as required.
- Responsible for the HVAC system and air compressors.
- Conduct maintenance activities ensuring tool control and product safety.
- Works in accordance with GMP& H&S rules.
- Completes HACCP/food safety & quality documentation as required by the Food Safety and quality program.
- Reports any violations of Food safety and GMP to Operations manager and/or QA.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Ensures uniform is clean and worn according to approved policies.
- Ensures appearance is neat, professional and clean at all times.
- Ensures hands are washed and cleaned according to GMP’s.
- Ensures that all employees under direct report follow GMP’s, HACCP/Quality. procedures and Health and safety procedures as per the HACCP/Food safety programs
- Ensures adherence to Health & Safety guidelines and communicates concerns to management immediately.
- Follows all company’s guidelines policies and other duties as assigned.
- Holds the health and safety of every employee as their primary concern.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a licensed mechanic/ certified millwright in related industrial maintenance is prefer.
- Experience in food production / bakery equipment, Baking Ovens, Flow Wrapper, Mixers, Dividers etc.
- GMP/HACCP training
- Able to work in team environment as well as individually
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical
- Some knowledge in programming, heating, and air conditioning
- Ability to read blueprints, mechanical drawings, and schematics
- Knowledge of using Maintenance software/Fiix to manage Machine PMs, Spare Parts Inventory etc. is prefer.
- Able to work overtime, weekends and to be on call if required
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
51 Jardin Drive
Concord, ON L4K 1X5
Fax (905) 850-2874