Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S. and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the Sales/Office Coordinator will support the sales team by ensuring that projects and time-sensitive deadlines are met on a timely manner. The incumbent will ensure that all organizational policies are followed.
- Responsible for all order desk and customer service-related duties including entering all orders received from EDI telephone and fax into the computer.
- Assist in day to day administrative & confidential activities in support of the sales department including developing and maintaining sales administration procedures.
- Assist in preparing meeting materials and copy and distribute sales documentation.
- Distribution of sales related documentation and ensure files are readily available.
- Assist with research analysis with internal departments to ensure information is provided to resolve various issues presented by sales reps.
- Promptly respond to all incoming general inquiries/requests from consumers including appropriate follow up. Received on the telephone or via email through our Website ensuring ‘first call’ resolution.
- Assist with A/R related duties including collection calls, issuing of credits, credit notes, generating of monthly customer statements, and other A/R related duties as required.
- Assisting in Special Events: Golf Tournament, Customer Events, etc. including attending corporate functions upon request.
- Assist in preparing presentations for Director and Key Account Managers.
- Assist with running weekly & monthly sales reports.
- Assist with quarterly “Call Sheet” updates.
- Coordinate pick up of product samples.
- Provide support and relief at reception when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director/designate.
- College diploma and/or 3 to 5 years of experience working in a sales environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a medium size office environment.
- Highly organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy, and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adaptable to constant change, able to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Able to work independently with very little supervision. However, must be able to work in a team environment when required.
- Must be able to travel to other locations and work evenings / weekends upon request (i.e. trade events, golf tournaments, etc.)
- Consumer relations and know how to deal with consumer complaints would be an asset.
- Must be able to speak both English and French languages.
- Is a self-starter, proactive, service orientated, positive and be a team player.
Location of Position
5995 Rue Ernest-Cormier
Laval, QC H7C 0B1