About Us Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S. and Canada. A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
Job Overview Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Lead Hand is responsible for training of warehouse employees on proper shipping and receiving methods in accordance with corporate requirements. Maintaining and promoting a safe, clean, and sanitary work environment at all times. Loading, lifting, forklift operating and stacking product. Organizing, prioritizing, and arranging logistics schedules for shipments and receiving’s.
- System reporting for inventory tracking and accounting for all incoming and outgoing product to minimize errors and reconcile stock rotation to ensure accuracy in relation to Bin and Lot Numbers.
- Liaise with operations in multiple provinces on a daily basis to ensure logistics priorities and/or issues are identified and deal in a timely manner.
- Follows procedures to accurately adjust inventory for over/short, defective, and damaged product.
- Assists in the preparation of inventory and other reports for customers and Internal purposes.
- Resolve customer concerns and/or escalates as required.
- Assist in maintaining the loss prevention program.
- Verifies accuracy of data in Just Foods against customer and/or internal records and/or the actual count of product and reconciles inventory. Investigates and resolves any discrepancies.
- Responsible for coordinating all shipping and receiving of items in accordance with corporate policies, food safety standards and good warehousing practices.
- Reports any violations of Food safety and GWPs to the senior management and Corporate QA.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Ensures all warehouse equipment is maintained according to Safety Standards.
- May operate equipment (i.e. forklift).
- Certified machine (walkie and reach) and will perform all warehouse functions has needed.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and maintenance of entire facility.
- Ensures adherence to Health & Safety guidelines and communicates concerns to management immediately.
- Conducts inventory spot checks as required.
- Set up Daily Delivery Route for Drivers; monitor and track drivers throughout the day.
- Ensure all orders are prepared and staged for loading to out bond trucks by the end of the shift for the following day’s deliver routes.
- Post-secondary education is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years warehouse experience and leading team is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to clearly convey information and ideas.
Location of Position 1495 Kebet Way Port Coquitlam, BC
Contact Angela Bakker, HR Manager Email firstname.lastname@example.org Fax (905) 850-2874