Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S. and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Social Media & Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting our business objectives in the brand planning of company website, new product launches and maintaining online platforms.
- Co-lead digital strategy with brands, as part of their annual marketing plans.
- Develop brand digital priorities and gain alignment across brand teams and their partners.
- Lead brand-specific initiatives – to accelerate results/business impact to benefit specific, priority brands; short-term and specific, with clear, measurable timing and expected outcomes (could also be at division level).
- Articulate and deploy digital best practices across the JKO enterprise, to drive results.
- Integrate performance measures and benchmarks in all work, to enable fast optimization and maximum impact.
- As a member of the Digital Center of Excellence, collaborate on digitally focused, business-building initiatives with team members and its counterparts, brands, and outside partners (like agencies or consultants).
- Collaborates across multiple internal teams and external partners at all levels (junior to senior), and enables smart, strategic, impactful digital initiatives for both specific brands and a portfolio of brands.
- Collaborate with brand partners to deliver digital strategies/plans as an integrated part of overall annual brand plans, which are differentiated and impactful against brand’s objectives, insights, and consumer targets, and grounded in a CX framework.
- Lead brand-specific key digital initiatives, aligned with brand needs, to drive business performance and impact; initiatives are determined (initially) within the brand planning process; examples include website engagement optimization, new product launches/restages/campaign integrations, brand activations within a new platform, CRM strategy and activation.
- Lead/collaborate on portfolio initiatives, to accelerate capabilities and business impact; examples include digital training modules, partner innovation and pilots, category deep dives/solutions.
- Working with internal Subject Matter Experts and external partners, identify and integrate digital best practices in JKO brands programs/initiatives, track impact.
- Working with 3rd party writers to developing ongoing blog content, utilizing SEO best practices.
- Maintaining and updating our online platforms; develop new brand/ product platforms.
- Ability to write & develop product romance and key attributes.
- Successful completion of a university degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent, or a post-secondary diploma program in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or Digital Marketing.
- 2 – 4 years digital experience within a CPG environment in food and beverage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Take-charge, independent self-starter who thrives on tackling challenges.
- Must have sufficient experience to successfully navigate complex organizations and effectively. coordinate work among a broad range of colleagues, consultants, and vendors.
- Must have the ability to work across organizational functions and business units with individuals in all levels of the organization and enjoy success as part of a working team.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave W. Suite #702, Woodbridge, ON L4L 8K8
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874