Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S., and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
Responsible for picking orders as per instructions to ensure compliance of fulfillment. Responsible for maintaining orderly and clean workspaces, following JKO GWP practices and ensuring compliant product is selected for shipment.
- Works in accordance with Corporate Food Safety Program, Good Warehousing Practices, and Health and Safety requirements.
- Responsible for fulfillment of order items in accordance with corporate policies, food safety standards and good warehousing practices.
- Responsible for the picking, sorting and shipping of products to customers.
- Load and unload products from trucks.
- Responsible for the careful handling of all products avoiding damage.
- Complies with HACCP/food safety & quality documentation as required.
- Reports any violations of Food safety and GWPs to the senior management and Corporate QA.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and maintenance of entire facility.
- Ensures adherence to Health & Safety guidelines and communicates concerns to management immediately.
- Will operate equipment i.e.: forklift, some heavy lifting may be required.
- Conducts product spot checks as required.
- Any other duties defined by the Warehouse Supervisor and/or designate.
- Observe established safety guidelines at all times. Report any accidents or injuries to your immediate Supervisor IMMEDIATELY.
- Assist with Inventory Counts.
- High School Diploma combined with 1 to 2 years of warehouse shipping experience required.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to reach realistic objectives and goals.
- Must be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality standards are met.
- Familiarity with Warehouse Safety and security procedures.
- Knowledge of WHMIS, First Aid.
- Forklift License an asset.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, sit, stand and walk throughout the day. Must be able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Location of Position
1495 Kebet Way, Port Coquitlam, BC
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874