Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S., and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Specialist will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality. A successful IT Specialist must have a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great troubleshooting abilities and attention to detail.
- Set up equipment for new users, workstations and necessary peripheral devices (Switches, printers etc.).
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Verify computer hardware (HDD, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Maintain an IT asset database i.e., inventory and physical location of all hardware devices; and prepare monthly reports as requested by Management.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Train users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware/software (e.g. viruses, intrusion software, system overload, storage space issues).
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Prepare reports and presentations at meetings when necessary.
- Prepare introductory manuals or obtain information to be handed out to employees during the implementation of new software.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders.
- Answering technical queries and assisting users with NEC phone system configuration, Konica Minolta Printers etc.
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair, networks, virus protection, and Wi-Fi technology.
- Post-secondary education or diploma in Information Technology with a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ related experience in Information Technology, computer networks & system maintenance.
- Product or Technical Certifications (e.g., A+, CCNA, Cyber Security) is an asset.
- Experience working in a Citrix environment.
- Strong customer service, troubleshooting skills, and exercises patience.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high pressure situations.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and multi-task skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; proficient in the English language.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
3700 Steeles Ave W
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874