Financial Planning Analyst (ONSITE)
Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
GET TO KNOW US
At Jan K. Overweel, we see plates as passports. From east to west and sweet to savory, we’re tasting our way through the world and sending the finest fares home with care. We Shop the World to bring the finest and most innovative food products from around the globe.
Over the past 50 years our family of employees has helped develop an organization across Canada with offices and distribution centres in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. We offer quality products from around the world and market both imported and owned brands such as EMMA, CASA ITALIA, MILANO, to name a few. Our corporate philosophy is “WE SHOP THE WORLD” and we will continue to travel and search for the best products the world has to offer.
Jan K. Overweel Limited prides itself on treating all employees with respect. We believe that this allows our employees to utilize their skills to meet our customers’ and organizational needs in the best way possible. Our corporate wellbeing rests on the fact that decisions are made not only for today’s results but also for their long-term implication in developing an organization committed to providing superior products and service to our customers.
IN A SNAPSHOT
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Financial Planning Analyst will analyze and prepare reports on financial metrics against the company key performance indicators. Ability to overcome complex financial situations and challenges.
WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Manages financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Creates variance analysis reports and financial models.
- Evaluate and analyze capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, investment opportunities, rate of return, profit plans, operating records, financial statements, etc.
- Leads real-time financial performance monitoring.
- Escalates any financial issues to management.
- Sets and tracks key performance indicators (KPI’s) and objectives.
- Completes market research and comparable company analysis.
- Recommends strategies for increasing financial performance.
- Presents detailed monthly financial reports to managers.
- Evaluates pricing and provides pricing recommendations to management.
- Uses popular financial planning and analysis software.
- Collaborates with senior members of the accounting and finance teams.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Accounting diploma or working towards accounting degree or diploma in Finance, Accounting, or related field is required.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in financial planning.
- Demonstrate excellent Financial and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- High degree of integrity and ethics.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent listening skills along with great organizational skills.
- Good business acumen with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Goal oriented; persuasive and a pleasant personality with professional demeanour.
- Time management and prioritizing skills.
- Critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization. Good team player
WHERE YOU ARE PROFICIENT
- Solid working knowledge and ability to navigate a PC windows environment, including shared drives.
- Strong skills and experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook and Excel) and Just Foods.
- Strong skills and ability to easily navigate the internet/intranet environment.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and willingness to continuously develop technology skills.
WHY WORK AT JKO!
- Competitive Salary
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Vision Care
- Personal Days
- Vacation Time Off
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discount on Company Products
- Onsite Parking
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Fax (905) 850-2874