Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S. and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
As an electrician/millwright you are a strong team player working as part of the maintenance crew, supporting the production and engineering team. You have experience in today’s high technology, fast-paced manufacturing industry. You are familiar with packaging equipment, robotics, conveyor systems, and are able to maximize equipment uptime.
- Able to provide mechanical-electrical support to the plant operations, reads blueprints and schematic drawings and manuals.
- Troubleshoot, assemble, install and diagnose electrical problems with associated equipment and /or building electrical requirements in a safe manner.
- Perform preventative maintenance and is also responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as motors, pumps, valves, ovens, refrigerator units, robots, etc.
- Troubleshoot and adjust various Drives and Instrumentation devices such as Encoders, Transducers and Thermocouples within a PLC control circuit.
- Work without supervision in a safe manner maintaining a clean and orderly shop
- Demonstrate commitment that all plant and production equipment function with minimum downtime and assisting and or performing in all electrical related requirements.
- Ability to work in a team, and/or under minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to assist all trades people as required
- Conduct PM programs according to standards
- Must have 442A or 309A Industrial Electrician and Refrigeration Operator Class “B” Licence
- Strong experience (3+ years) with PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) in food / pharmaceutical industry and robots
- Troubleshooting skill, repair and planned maintenance experience preferred
- Familiar with power transmission systems; packaging machines, pumps, etc
- Good computer skills
- Compensation and Work Schedule
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
65 Deerhurst Drive
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874