Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S. and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
The Industrial Engineer reporting to the Plant Manager is responsible to increase productivity while ensuring maintaining quality standards and to consider the impact on labor and production costs. A detail oriented with great problem-solving skills. The incumbent will ensure that all organizational policies are followed
- Review production processes specifications and related Information.
- Collaborating with the Operations Team on Continuous improvement initiatives.
- Designing production processes that maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Developing and implementing process improvements and technological upgrades.
- Designing control systems to minimize costs and production issues.
- Developing design and production standards in cooperation with management and user personnel.
- Preparing material and equipment lists, purchase orders, cost analysis and estimated production costs.
- Designing the layout of the facility and determining production requirements.
- Training employees on new processes and providing instructions.
- Managing process documentation and preparing production reports.
- Perform other duties as required by the Plant Manager or designate.
- Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum of (3) years experience with process improvement preferably in the food industry.
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD.
- Advanced knowledge of production machinery, processes and standards.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing techniques and tools.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Effective communication both verbal and written and interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
Jan K. Overweel Ltd. is committed in providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process.
Location of Position
65 Deerhurst Drive, Brampton, ON
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874