Jan K. Overweel Limited (JKO) specializes in importing, distribution and production of food products from all over the world. Our cheeses, deli meats and grocery items are all chosen for their quality ingredients and delicious flavours. These distinctive products come from areas throughout Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South America, the U.S. and Canada.
A private corporation that was established in 1947 as an importer of Dutch products. Today, we proudly produce products for our own heritage brands: EMMA®, Milano®, Casa Italia®, Piaceri D’Italia®, Duero®, Cortina®, Cedarvalle®, Oak Manor®, Sucre & Beurre by Milano™, and 1128 Crafted in Portugal™ in our local and international production facilities. We also represent many other brands within our extensive portfolio.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Driver is responsible for the Pick-up and Delivery of Orders from the warehouse to customers in a timely, safe and courteous manner.
- Delivers orders to customers according to established schedule in a courteous and professional manner.
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure orders are complete, charges are correct, and customer is satisfied.
- Accepting payments for delivered items.
- Maintain vehicle inspection reports ensuring vehicle is safe and well maintained.
- Complete and maintain accurate, legible and complete Driver’s log. At the end of each shift, ensure the log has been reconciled.
- Assist warehouse personnel with the loading of orders into the Truck. Ensure product is placed in a secure and safe manner to minimize wastage, loss or damage. Ensure appropriate paperwork is attached to the orders prior to leaving the warehouse.
- Ensure all necessary documents are returned to the Warehouse or Office as per company policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Class 5 Driver’s License with Clean Driver’s Abstract.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Driving experience with 5 Tonne Truck. Must be able to safely maneuver vehicles forward/backward and in tight quarters.
- Strong knowledge of the local and surrounding area.
- Familiarity with GPS devices or map applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must be physically able to lift, bend, twist, push, pull and move equipment throughout the day.
Location of Position
1495 Kebet Way, Port Coquitlam, BC
Angela Bakker, HR Manager
Fax (905) 850-2874